Hello parents of Grade 7!
For those of you whom I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting, my name is Robert Kirkham, and I am your child’s Grade Seven teacher. To those whom I have already had the pleasure of meeting, or perhaps you have another child/children that I have taught before, welcome back and it will be great to see you again. I am looking forward to to a wonderful year of learning with your children!
We will meet one another formally at Meet the Teacher night on September 20th. In the meantime, though, next week is quickly approaching in which the students will have their much-looked-forward-to Outdoor Education trip to Camp Elphinstone in beautiful Gibsons, BC!
Mr. Kelly has done a fantastic job leading the way with communicating with you regarding camp. If you were unable to make this morning’s meeting with him, please let me know if you have any questions.
Further to this, please refer to the package of permission + information forms that was sent home with your child today to prepare for this trip.
With regards to what the students need to bring, please refer to the packing list in the forms sent home. Another post will be made on Friday with further reminders. Please note we will be meeting at the school at 7:15am on Tuesday September 13th. We will be leaving shortly after that by school bus for the BC Ferry at Horseshoe Bay.
It is very important that students bring in the following forms along with payment for camp as soon as possible. The payment is to offset the overall cost of camp, the remainder of which is covered by the school.
Items to be returned by Thursday September 8th:
1. Permission/Consent form (to be signed)
2. Camp Rules/Expectations (to be signed)
3. Cheque for $150 made out to St. Paul Elementary School.
4. Medical forms (if any prescription medication needs/non-prescription medication forms) – please note that all medications must be identified on these forms, labeled, and placed in a ziplock bag to be given the morning we leave for camp to Mr. Kirkham.
Should you have any further questions about camp or anything, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
PE & MUSIC SCHEDULES:
- Students have PE on Monday, Tuesday and Fridays. However, please note that TOMORROW, Wednesday September 7th, there will be PE as Mr. Kelly is away on Friday.
- Please send gym shoes in a gym bag to keep in the locker for the school year. Students are expected to wear their gym strip under their uniform on PE days.
Students have French on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Students have Music on Thursdays.
Please refer to the attached weekly schedule for Gr. 7 for what is going on academically in the class throughout the week (The link below this line). Please note that the schedule is subject to change.
LEADERSHIP CEREMONY + WALKATHON ASSEMBLY:
- Tomorrow at 1:00pm we will have our Leadership Ceremony + Walkathon assembly!
- It will take place in the school gym and everyone is welcome to attend.
- As part of the Leadership Ceremony, the Grade 7’s will also receive their Grad Hoodies – yay!
Every Thursday at 9:15am will be a school Mass, with the first being this Thursday September 8th. The first Gr 7 led Mass will be Thursday September 22nd.
Assemblies are on Wednesdays after lunch. They will typically start at 1:15pm, but on occasions such as tomorrow where the assembly may run longer, it will begin at 1:00pm. Please refer to the school calendar for precise times and dates. The first Gr. 7/Kindergarten assembly will be October 5th.
I know that was a lot of info, so I appreciate your time in carefully reading this over.
Have a wonderful week and enjoy the sunshine!