This week was a very exciting one in Kindergarten! We started it off by listening to another Gingerbread Man story and the students compared it to the ones that we previously read together in class. They then got to decorate their own delicious-smelling gingerbread men and kept a close eye on them while they were drying, just to make sure they wouldn’t run away! Unfortunately, our gingerbread men were very clever and decided to run away when we put them in the oven to warm up! Luckily, the Kindergarteners were up for the challenge and successfully tracked them down after visiting all the classrooms and offices in the school…which I’m sure you all heard about at home!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the Week: K
Student of the Week: Eden
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Toy
Show & Tell: Alyssa
- Nova Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Please bring your own cutlery!
- PE today
- French today
- Library today ~ please return any library books that were not yet brought back as the children will be bringing home a new book today
Show & Tell: Sophia
- PE today
- Nature Walk today
Show & Tell: Oliver L.
- Earthquake Drill today
- PE today
- Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Joshua
- School Mass @ 9:00 am
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- Noon Dismissal
- Afternoon Learning Conferences
- Morning Learning Conferences – No Classes
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, and books from home)
- “My Read Well” book (blue duotang)– Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- Homework folders– These will continue to be sent home every day. Please check the folders daily and send them back to school every day as your child is expected to hand them in each morning.
- “My Reading” book– This will be sent home every day. Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of daily reading (reading book, library books, home books, etc.) with your child and place this book inside your child’s homework folder every day.
- Learning Conferences– These conferences are parents and teachers only to allow parents adequate time to discuss their child’s transition into Kindergarten. Conferences will take place in the classroom and time slots are restricted to 10 minutes. We look forward to meeting with you during your allocated time!
- Scholastic Reading Club– If you would like to order from Scholastic (optional), please enter Kindergarten’s class code RC498336 at checkout so that we can receive rewards for our classroom! Thank you in advance for your support.
- Tuesday, October 26th– Pumpkin Patch Field Trip (more details to come)
- Wednesday, October 27th– Photo Retake Day (for those who have requested)
- Thursday, October 28th– White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Friday, October 29th– Halloween Dress Down Day (more details to come)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!
Miss Wu & Miss Guevara