With Thanksgiving coming up, the students discussed God’s creations and brainstormed all of the things they are thankful for. Miss Guevara and I are so thankful for all the wonderful students and supportive families in Kindergarten! We wish you all a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the Week: H
Student of the week: Belle
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Toy
- No School- Thanksgiving
Show & Tell: Ynna
- PE today
- Nature Walk today
Show & Tell: Kira
- Pumpkin Patch form due today
- Walkathon pledges and donations due today
- PE today
- Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Ethan
- School Mass @ 9:00 am
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- French today
Show & Tell: Claire
- Registration for Learning Conferences opens today
- Please see notice from Ms. Moorehead for more information
- Fukuroku Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Please bring your own cutlery!
- Music today
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, and books from home)
- “My Read Well” book (blue duotang)– Your child brought home another duotang in their homework folder today. This book contains all of your child’s work in our Language Arts Program “Read Well” so far. Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- Homework folders– These will continue to be sent home every day. Please check the folders daily and send them back to school every day as your child is expected to hand them in each morning.
- “My Reading” book– this will be sent home every day. Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of daily reading (reading book, library books, home books, etc.) with your child and place this book inside your child’s homework folder everyday
- Scholastic Reading Club– The October flyer has been placed in your child’s homework folder. If you would like to order from Scholastic (optional), please enter Kindergarten’s class code RC498336 at checkout so that we can receive rewards for our classroom! Thank you in advance for your support.
- Monday, October 18th– Nova Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Thursday, October 21st– Noon Dismissal/Afternoon Learning Conferences
- Friday, October 22nd– No Classes/Morning Learning Conferences
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!
Miss Wu & Miss Guevara