The children are looking forward to our field trip to the pumpkin patch this coming Tuesday. In anticipation for the pumpkin patch, we had eager discussions about the life cycle of a pumpkin, sang songs about pumpkins, and made our own pumpkin craft!
It was also nice seeing all of you at the Parent-Teacher Conferences yesterday and today to celebrate your child’s learning in the first term of Kindergarten. Thank you for being so actively involved in your child’s education!
This Week at a Glance:
Letter of the Week: M
Student of the Week: Mateo
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Toy
Show & Tell: Avila
- Empty shoebox due today (please see Halloween email)
- Pumpkin Patch payment due today
- PE today
- French today
- Library today ~ please return any library books that were not yet brought back as the children will be bringing home a new book today
Show & Tell: Adriel
- PE today
- Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch @ 1:00 (Depart St. Paul School @ 12:45)
- Your child can wear play clothes to school. Please dress appropriately for the weather as the field trip will be rain or shine. We will be at the pumpkin patch from 1:00 – 2:00. There will be a regular dismissal at 3:00 from the school.
- If you would like to go straight home from the Pumpkin Patch, please let us know so that we can make sure your child goes home with their backpack!
Show & Tell: Tristan
- Photo Retake Day (for those who requested)
- PE today
- Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Sidney
- School Mass @ 9:00 am ~ Please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Please bring your own cutlery!
- French today
Show & Tell: Olivia P.
- Happy Halloween! (see below for more details)
- Apple Tasting sheet due today
- Music today
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, and books from home)
- Shoe Box: Please send an empty shoe box to school on Monday. We will be decorating these boxes and the children will use them to collect any treats that are brought in by their friends on Friday for Halloween.
- Field trip–Thank you to the parents that are able to join us! If you haven’t handed in your pumpkin patch payment, please bring in your $12 on Monday.
- Apple Tasting– Have an apple taste test (red, green, and yellow apples) at home with your child! Then, discuss how each one tastes and complete the “I Taste” sheet found in their homework folder. Please return the sheet by Friday.
- “My Read Well” book– Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- Homework folders– These will continue to be sent home every day. Please check the folders daily and send them back to school every day as your child is expected to hand them in each morning.
- “My Reading” book– This will be sent home every day. Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of daily reading with your child and place this book inside your child’s homework folder every day.
- If your child plans on bringing a treat to share with all their classmates, please be sure they are nut-free and individually wrapped. We ask that you do not individualize the treats by putting names on them but you can put who it’s from (i.e. you may write “From _________”, but please NOT “To ___________”).
- Your child is welcome to come in a costume, or wear black and/or orange. If wearing a costume, please keep in mind the following:
- We are a Catholic community, therefore costumes must be modest, respectful of others, and free of offensive language.
- We are focused on student safety and peace of mind, therefore: no weapons or replica weapons of any kind (guns, swords, knives, chains, etc.); no blood or slime; no witches, ghosts, goblins, zombies, or scary monsters.
- We are a learning community, therefore students must be able to sit at their desk comfortably and consider the space of others (no big hats or wide wings); fully participate in all class activities (including PE and recess times); and see and hear clearly (no face masks).
- Covid face masks must be worn.
- Tuesday, November 2nd – Kindergarten Hearing Screening (see notice for more information)
- Friday, November 5th– Fukuroku Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Friday, November 5th– Digital Sharing Day (more details to come)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!
Miss Wu & Miss Guevara