Hi Kinder families,
We had a very exciting week in Kindergarten! The children had a wonderful time brainstorming reasons why we love St. Paul School! We drew beautiful minions and thought of a “minion” (million) reasons why we love St. Paul School!
Can you believe we are almost into June? As we prepare to enter our final month, we will begin our Genius Hour inquiry projects, where children will learn, create, and present on a topic of their choice. The Grade 7s are also having their Spring Fundraiser. Being inspired by their friend and classmate, Justice Guno, all proceeds will be donated to BC Children’s Hospital. Please have a look in your children’s homework folder for more information.
This week at a glance:
Letter of the week: Letter Xx
Shape of the week: 2D Shape Review & Sphere
Student of the week: Rafael
Show & Tell Theme: My favourite thing
- Victoria Day (No school)
Show & Tell: Jude
- Spelling Challenge #5 list sent home (last Thursday)
- PE today
- Music today
Show & Tell: Zoie
- PE today
- Last day for library book return. Please return any library books that were not yet brought back.
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Mila
- PE today
- Music today
Show & Tell: Nora
- Encore fundraiser order forms due today
- Jeans Day ($5 donation)
- Fukuroku Hot Lunch ~ for those who ordered (please being utensils)
- Spelling Challenge #5 today
- ADST today
- Nature Walk today
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading– (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, RAZ Kids, Headsprout, Epic!Books, library books, or books from home)
- Sounds- Please remember to revise the sounds we are completing in class regularly with the children at home. These can be found in the ReadWell folders.
- Spelling Challenges- Please take a look at your child’s green Spelling Challenge folder and review any words that need to be reviewed. New lists will continue to be sent out on Mondays.
- “Hail Mary” prayer – Please find a copy of the Hail Mary in your child’s homework folder and practice praying it every night with your child. We will begin incorporating it into our Morning Prayer routine starting on Monday (through the month of May).
- Genius Hour– We will begin our Term 3 inquiry project called “Genius Hour” next week. Please take a look in your children’s black folders for a little information about Genius Hour.
- Sweaters – Please remember to check your child’s school sweater(s) to ensure they have their own, as we have had a few incidents of lost sweaters especially with the nice weather. We also kindly remind you to label your child’s sweater so that they can be returned, if they go missing.
- Walkathon- We hope that all families have a wonderful time on Friday for Walkathon. Each family has been asked to send a photo of their walk to add to a video that will be shared with the school community. Please wear your St. Paul spirit wear and make it a fun family activity!
- Jeans Day– Next Friday, May 28th will be a dress down day. Students are to wear jeans/denim clothing in support of BC Children’s Hospital. Please bring your $5.00 donation to participate.
- Encore (Grade 7 Fundraiser)- Please take a look inside your children’s homework folders for “Encore” order forms. Encore is the Grade 7 fundraiser that will be raising money for Children’s Hospital, as the students were inspired by their friend and classmate, Justice Guno.
- Staffing Update- please see Mrs. Moorehead’s Thursday letter for an update about 2021/2022 school year staffing.
- Friday, May 21st– Walkathon (No School)
- Monday, May 24th– Victoria Day (No School)
- Tuesday, May 25th– Encore fundraiser orders begin to be collected
- Friday, May 28th– Dress Down Day: Jeans Day ($5 Donation)
- Friday, May 28th– Encore fundraiser orders due
- Friday, June 4th– Pro-D (No School)
- Monday, June 7th– Walkathon Pledge forms due
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.
Mrs. Dos Santos & Miss Comerford
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org