Dear Grade Six Families,
In the picture posted on our blog this week, you will see the children holding an orange ribbon with the Canada flag in the center. The orange is symbolic of orange shirt day (Sept. 30). We had a good discussion about this day and the children have worked hard all week researching about Residential schools. Next week they will begin writing their expository essay.
It was lovely seeing many of you at Meet the Teacher Night! Thank you for taking the time to see what is in store for Grade 6 and for visiting our classroom.
Homework for this weekend includes:
- Read 30 minutes everyday, both quietly and aloud (fiction and non-fiction books)
- Complete pg. 57 Question #10 & pg. 58 Question #14-15 – due Monday
- Exit Slip: les nombres – be ready on Monday
- Finish off your research on Residential Schools if you do not have enough information to write an expository essay for Monday’s class.
- Silhouettes are due on Wednesday
- Thursday, Oct.8 – LifeTouch Photo (students must be in full uniform)
- No school Friday, Oct. 9 – Pro-D Day
- No school Monday, Oct. 12 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- Friday, Oct. 16 – Fukuroku Hot Lunch (don’t forget to pack your cutlery)
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com