Dear Grade 6 Families,
In this week’s blog, the students are seen wearing their D.A.R.E. t-shirts while holding their D.A.R.E. certificates. They were so excited to receive these items from Ms. Guevara. Another piece of exciting news, is that Mrs. Teodosio shared with the students that she is expecting a baby in late February. We are so happy for the Teodosio family. Félicitations!
Homework for this long weekend includes:
- Read 30 minutes everyday both quietly and aloud (fiction and non-fiction books)
- Complete pg.61 Questions #4 & #5 – due Tuesday
- Complete worksheet: Quelle heure est-il? (due Tuesday)
- Billet de Sortie (Exit Ticket) – Review les repas category: Je mange (3)…. et je bois…. (1)
- Residential Schools – work on completing the body of your essay (the history, the effect of the past on the present and reconciliation) – use the paragraph writing cheat sheet and checklist to keep your writing on target – due Tuesday
- 25 ways to say THANK YOU – create a T-chart and focus on the country and the language spoken – due Thursday
Due Tuesday, October 13
- Extra-curricular forms
- No school Friday, October 9 – Pro-D Day
- No school Monday, October 12 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- Friday, October 16 Fukuroku Hot Lunch (don’t forget your cutlery)
- Learning Conferences: Thursday, Oct. 22 from 1pm-8pm and Friday, October 23 from 8am-11:30am
- Friday, October 30: students may wear Halloween costumes or black and orange. Please give a $2.00 donation for our sponsor child Thomas in Ghana.
As we celebrate Thanksgiving with our family this weekend let us reflect upon all of our many blessings and to be thankful for all that the Lord has given us.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Grade Six Families!
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com