Dear Grade Six Families,
We were fortunate to have Father Joseph visit our classroom this week to bless our Advent wreath. As we enter this new liturgical season, the students will begin preparing their hearts for the coming of our Saviour’s birth, which is the true meaning of Christmas.
Homework for this weekend includes:
- Read 30minutes everyday both quietly and aloud (fiction and non-fiction books)
- Finish your draft on your Zodiac sign for Monday. On Monday, I will pull out names using our popsicle sticks and that person will peer-edit your work. Good copy is due on Tuesday. Please refer to rubric in Google Stream.
- Complete worksheet (both sides) on latitude and longitude – due Monday
- Billet de Sortie on latitude and longitude is on Tuesday. Review a little bit every day.
- Filming for our Christmas performance will be first thing on Tues. Dec.1st.
- All props such as Santa hats should be at school on Monday.
- Students are to wear their costumes to school on Tuesday.
- Students may bring their PE strip in a bag if they don’t want to stay in costume throughout the day.
- A virtual Christmas Concert will be sent home for all families to enjoy together during the last week before Christmas break.
Hampers of Hope Fundraiser:
- This fundraiser is to help needy families in our Parish community.
- Each family is to donate either $5, $10, $15, $20 between December 7-11.
- Place money in an envelope with your child’s name on the front.
- See Mrs. Moorehead’s Thursday letter for more information.
Dec. 4 – Fukuroku Hot Lunch (please bring your own cutlery)
November Scholastic Book Order:
- Click here to view November E-flyer:
- Please enter Teacher Code: RC227863 to place an order online
- Books will be delivered directly to your home
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org