Dear Grade Six Families,
The discovery of 215 bodies of children on the grounds of the former Kamloops Residential School certainly did make our hearts feel heavy as we had a discussion about this tragedy in class. We discussed how we should be motivated to do better and to follow life’s Golden Rule: “do unto others as you would have them do unto you” (Matthew 7:12). If you do wrong, make sure to apologize for your actions. Two simple words: ‘I’m sorry’ means so much. Wearing the colour orange, as we did on Thursday, symbolizes that every child matters.
Justice Guno’s funeral will be held on Tuesday, June 8th. Please read the email I sent out to all families yesterday regarding the logistics of the funeral. Continue to keep the Guno family in your prayers and ask that God give them the strength and comfort they need during this difficult time.
- Read 30 minutes both quietly and aloud (fiction and non-fiction)
- Speech draft due Monday – See Google Classroom for worksheet
- Practice your multiplication tables – 5 minutes everyday
- Le Festival du Voyageur – le brouillon pour le brochure, à remettre lundi
- How to Slow Down a Toy Car – finish off question #5 on your template. Next week, you will begin typing out your good copy.
- Aboriginal Animal Art: See Google Classroom for your Reflection – due Wednesday
Monday, June 7th – Walkathon pledge forms are due
Tuesday, June 8th – Justice’s Funeral @ 11:00am
Wednesday, June 9th – First Holy Communion for the Grade Two class (keep them in your prayers)
Friday, June 11th – Fukuroku Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
Tuesday, June 15th – Encore Fundraiser (snacks provided for those who ordered)
- Click here to view E-flyer:
- Please enter Teacher Code: RC227863 to place an order online
- Books will be delivered directly to your home
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com