Dear Grade Six Families,
We have started a new unit in Science – Physics. This week we looked at a timeline of Scientific Discoveries in Astronomy. Scientists like these were pivotal to our physical world. For instance, Sir Isaac Newton’s three Laws of Motion remain fundamental to the science of physics to this day.
In Social Studies, we are comparing different Systems of Governance: Canada, Saudi Arabia and the First Nations.
In Art, we are looking at Colour as our new theme. As I read the book: The Day the Crayons Quit, the children were very keen in listening to this classic story.
In French, we are looking at Les Qualités d’un bon ami
St. Paul Summer Camp: Young STEAMers camp for July 5-9 is now full. However, if there is enough interest, the summer camp team has created a tentative second week – July 12th to 16th. Please see information attached.
Homework for this weekend includes:
- Read 30 minutes both quietly and aloud (fiction and non-fiction)
- Iqbal – chapter 9 roles are due Monday
- Try your best to complete page one of Systems of Governance Comparison. You will get class time throughout the week to continue with your research. Keep track of websites used. Due date: April 16th
- Friday, April 16th – No Interim Reports
- Saturday, April 17th – Online Booking for Student-Led Conferences
- Friday, April 23rd – Student-Led Conference (No classes)
- Wednesday, April 28th – Grade 6 Mass
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org