Hello Grade Three Families!
Welcome back to school! I’m so excited to begin the new school year and to start to get to know your children! This year will be an amazing school year where the students will be transitioning and getting ready to “move upstairs” into intermediate. We will be working together to make this a successful and enjoyable year for all of us!
This first week of school will be extra special: the students will be spending time reuniting with their classmates, meeting their Grade 6 Buddies, and learning the routines and expectations of Grade 3 !
We will be using Class Dojo again this year. The login codes will be sent home before the end of the week.
This year we will have the pleasure of having Ms. Jobis and Mr. McCallan as our Educator Assistants.
I would also like to thank Mrs. Diaz for accepting to fulfill the role of the Grade 3 homeroom parent this year !
Here are the reminders for this week:
Monday ~ September 4th
- Labor Day (no school)
Tuesday ~ September 5th
- First Day of Grade 3!
- Morning drop off at 8:45 am for today
- The Grade 3 students will be lining up in the grass field in their class group
- Bring their PE sneakers
- Bring a recess snack and water bottle (please remember that we are a nut-free school)
- Dismissal is at noon
Wednesday ~ September 6th
- Dismissal is at 2 pm
Thursday ~ September 7th
- School Mass at 9:15 am (students wear full uniform including sweater)~ you are welcome to join us
Friday ~ September 8th
- 9 am Assembly @ led by the staff
Please have your child bring in the following items by Monday, Sept. 11th
- a picture for the birthday board
- headphones/earbuds in a Ziploc bag (please label them, along with the bag)
- a large t-shirt (it can be Mom’s or Dad’s) to use as an art shirt (please label the t-shirt with your child’s name)
- 1 box of facial tissue
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please make an appointment to see me or email me at email@example.com
I am looking forward to working with you and your child this year!