Hello Grade 3 Families!
We had a wonderful Walkathon on Friday! It was great to see the Grade 3 students excellent behaviour and positive attitude during the walk. I have already posted a video of the Walkathon on our ClassDojo Story!
It was touching to see all the students dressed in orange on Thursday as a reminder of what happened to the First Nation’s children in the residential schools.
I also had the pleasure of being able to share the stories of how my daughter Samantha and I each acquired our eagle feather, and how eagle feathers are used in cleansing and healing ceremonies, during the afternoon assembly.
After the assembly I read a story of an Inuit girl who went to a residential school, despite her parents wanting her to stay at home, because she wanted to learn how to read in English. Then we talked about all of the injustices that she had to endure, and how it was only through her determination and hard work, that she was able to achieve her goal.
The reminders for this week:
Monday ~ October 2nd
- No school: Truth and Reconciliation Day
Tuesday ~ October 3rd
- “Cross-Country practise for CISVA competitors only”: after school from 3:00-4:00pm
- Wear PE strip under uniform to change into for practise
- Pick up at St. Paul School
Wednesday ~ October 4th
- 10:30 am – CISVA Cross Country Running Championships – competitors meet in Central Park @ St. Paul school tents
- Dismissal is at 2 pm
Thursday ~ October 5th
- Cross-Country practise before school from 7:30-8:30 am “for all Garry Point Fun Day runners”
- Meet at St. Paul School
- Wear PE strip to practise and bring uniform/black shoes to change into after practise
- 9:15 am: School Mass led by Gr. 3 ~ you are welcome to join us
Friday ~ October 6th
- Fukuroku Hot Lunch
- “Garry Point Fun Run” in the afternoon (for those in Cross Country)
- More information will be posted on the PE blog
Here is the link for the parents who would like to place Scholastic Book orders in the month of October.
Please enter the Teacher Code: RC143526 to place an order online. This allows Grade 3 to receive points with each purchase. With the points, I order new books and various items for the Grade 3 classroom. You can have your book order delivered to the classroom for free.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please make an appointment to see me or email me at email@example.com
Have a wonderful week!