Hello Grade 3 Families!
I find it hard to believe that we will already be starting the month of October next weekend 😳🍂🍁 We will also be blessed with a lot of rain 💦 this week, so please make sure that your child wears their raincoat and brings their rain boots to school!
Hail Mary will be the rosary prayer for which they will be assessed this week. They will have a copy of the prayer in the transparent pocket of their agenda to practice at home. The written assessment will be on Thursday.
On Thursday I will also be placing the focus of our lessons on what happened at the residential schools; the reason for Orange Shirt Day, and the meaning behind “Every Child Matters”.
On Friday we will be having our Walkathon 🤗💙! Please continue to collect Walkathon pledges throughout the week. This is a very vital fundraiser for our school community.
Here is a gentle reminder on how much your child should aim to collect in pledges for the Walkathon: Our Walkathon total last year was $69,653.00, and we’re hoping to beat it this year! Averaged out over our 180 families, that would equal approximately $385 worth of pledges per family. Students are encouraged to ask family members, relatives, family friends, and neighbours, all with parent permission and supervision. Together, we can do this🤗💙!
The reminders for this week:
Monday ~ September 25th
- PE: please make sure that your child wears their PE strip under their school uniform unless advised otherwise
Tuesday ~ September 26th
- Cross-Country practise after school from 3:00-4:00pm
- Wear PE strip under uniform to change into for practise
- Pick up at St. Paul School
Wednesday ~ September 27th
- Dismissal is at 2 pm
Thursday ~ September 28th
- Dress Down Day: Orange Shirt Day ~Students wear orange in honour of the National Truth and Reconciliation Day
- Please have your child bring in a $2 donation for the Orange Shirt Society
- Cross-Country practise before school from 7:30-8:30am
- Meet at St. Paul School
- Wear PE strip to practise and bring Orange Shirt Day clothes to change into after practise
- 9:15 am: School Mass led by Gr. 4 ~ you are welcome to join us
- 10:30 am: Grade 3 Confession
- 1 pm: Orange Shirt Day Assembly in the gym
Friday ~ September 29th
- Walkathon Day🤗💙!
- Students dress for the weather and the walk (non-uniform)
- Students should be at school by 8:40 am so that they have time to settle in; use the bathroom before beginning the walk, and to take attendance
- We will walk to Garden City Play Park and back to school
- I will be sending an email to the parents who will be walking with us as soon as I have the information from the organizers
- Please send your child’s water bottle so that they can carry it with them for the walk
- Please send a snack for your child to eat once we return to school
- Dismissal is at 12:30 p.m.
Here is the link for the parents who would like to place Scholastic Book orders in the month of September.
Please enter the Teacher Code: RC143526 to place an order online. This allows Grade 3 to receive points with each purchase. With the points, I order new books and various items for the Grade 3 classroom. You can have your book order delivered to the classroom for free.
Any orders that are brought in to me will be ordered on the Friday of this week.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please make an appointment to see me or email me at email@example.com
Have a wonderful week!