Hello Grade Two Families,
This week, the students made beautiful artwork, showing the changing colours of the leaves during fall. Together we discussed warm and cool tones, and incorporated patterns into our artwork. Their creativity was unbe-leaf-able!
It was also wonderful meeting with all of you and chatting about how your child is doing in Grade Two. I really appreciate the opportunity for us to meet in person and talk about how we can work together to best support your child. As I mentioned at the end of the conference, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know so we can continue to openly communicate throughout the year.
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Chloe
Phonics Skill: Digraph Review 2 (-ng, -nk, 3 letter consonants)
Open Parachute: Exploring Emotions
- PE today
- Home Reading folder sent home with phonics skill activities and previous word study assessment
- Music and French today
- PE today
- Walkathon Assembly @ 1 pm
- Dismissal @ 2 pm today
- School Mass @ 9:15 am ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- Word Study Assessment: Digraph Review 2
- Please return Home Reading folders to school
- French today
- No School- Professional Development
- Monday, October 30- Yummy Pasta Hot Lunch
- Tuesday, October 31- Halloween Dress Down Day
- Please see the Thursday Letter for costume guidelines
- If your child plans on bringing a treat to share with their classmates, kindly ensure they are nut-free and individually wrapped. To make distribution easier, you are welcome to write who the treats are from (your child’s name) but please do not write who each treat is for (classmate’s name). We have 31 students in class.
- A reusable bag will be provided for your child to take their treats home at the end of the day. Please return these bags the following day as we will use them again for other celebrations coming up in the school year!
- Friday, November 3- School Assembly (Grade 4 and 2 to lead)
- Friday, November 3- Fukuroku Hot Lunch
- Friday, November 3- Interim Reports Sent Home (more details to come)
Please email me at email@example.com or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.