Hi Grade Two Families,
This week, we had our Walkathon assembly to celebrate all the hard work the students put into raising money for our school! At the assembly, prizes were won and the grand total was revealed. We found out that our Walkathon total for this year was a record-breaking $87,706!! A heartfelt thank you for your hard work and efforts in our Walkathon fundraiser!
The children also made Halloween art this week! They used water colour paint to create fang-tastic crafts! Speaking of Halloween, if your child plans on bringing a treat to share with their classmates on Tuesday, please be sure they are nut-free and individually wrapped. We have 31 students in class. They will also receive a reusable gift bag to take their treats home. Please empty the bags and return them the following day, as we will use them again for other celebrations coming up in the school year!
Additionally, the children are welcome to come to school in an appropriate Halloween costume. If they prefer not to wear a costume, they can wear orange and/or black instead. Please see the Thursday Letter for more information.
Finally, our class has been busy preparing for the assembly coming up on Friday, where we will be celebrating All Saints’ Day and praying for our dearly departed. Please join us! Throughout the month of November, we will be learning about the lives of the saints and how we are all called to be saints. We pray that the holy men and women in heaven watch over us, protect us, and pray for us.
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Tristan
Phonics Skill: a_e /ā/
Open Parachute: Speaking Up
- Yummy Pasta Hot Lunch
- PE today
- Home Reading folder sent home with phonics skill activities and previous word study assessment
- Happy Halloween!
- Music and French today
- Return emptied treat bag to school
- PE today
- Dismissal @ 2 pm today
- School Mass @ 9:15 am ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- Word Study Assessment: a_e /ā/
- Please return Home Reading folders to school
- French today
- School Assembly led by Grade 4 and 2
- Library today
- Return any library books not yet brought back
- Fukuroku Hot Lunch
- Digital Interim Reports home (an email will be sent early next week with more information)
- Monday, November 6- Triple O’s Hot Lunch
- Thursday, November 9- Remembrance Day Assembly @ 10:45 (Grade 6 to lead)
- Friday, November 10- No School (Professional Development)
- Monday, November 13- No School (Remembrance Day holiday)
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.