Hello Grade Two Families,
No doubt a highlight from this week was Halloween! We were able to celebrate by participating in a school-wide costume parade and playing Halloween-themed games! It was a spook-tacular day!
We also led the assembly with our Grade Four buddies this morning and did a wonderful job highlighting the importance of All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day. Together, we prayed for the faithful departed and were reminded to love our God and neighbour the way Jesus taught us, just like the holy men and women in heaven did.
Additionally, your child’s digital Interim is now uploaded onto ClassDojo. It is a snapshot of what we have covered in Grade Two so far and displays samples of your child’s work. They also took home a notice to go alongside their Interim. Please look for it in your child’s agenda. On the back on this notice is a form for you and your child to fill out together after going through their ClassDojo portfolio. By looking at these posts, my hope is that you will get to see your child’s progress thus far in the school year and celebrate their learning together!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Micah
Phonics Skill: i_e /ī/
Open Parachute: Speaking Up
- Triple O’s Hot Lunch
- Pizza Party
- Lunch will be provided by Micah’s family for his birthday!
- If your child ordered hot lunch, they will bring it home
- Please pack a morning snack
- PE today
- Home Reading folder sent home with phonics skill activities and previous word study assessment
- RAZ-Kids Reading Program begins!
- Please see Class Info tab for more information
- Music and French today
- PE today
- Dismissal @ 2 pm today
- Interim Form due today
- School Mass @ 9:15 am ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- Remembrance Day Assembly @ 10:45 am ~ please join us!
- Please bring a $2 donation for the Richmond Poppy Fund
- Word Study Assessment: i_e /ī/
- Please return Home Reading folders to school
- French today
- No School- Professional Development
- Monday, November 13- No School (Remembrance Day holiday)
- Friday, November 17- Canella Hot Lunch
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.