Hi Grade Two Families,
This past week, we wrapped up part one of our pattern unit by practicing identifying the core and attributes of various patterns. With the beautiful weather we’ve had, the students even got to make patterns outside with their buddies using at least two different attributes. Now that the class has finished learning about repeating patterns, we will now begin learning about increasing patterns!
The Grade Twos have also been reciting the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be prayers daily. We have begun going over what these prayers mean and why they are important. To reinforce what they are learning in class, please pray these prayers out loud with your child at home and ensure they are making the sign of the cross properly. You can focus on one prayer at a time or say all of them at the same time. The goal is to be able to recite these prayers by heart, or get to know them and their meaning even better.
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Sophia
Phonics Skill: wh /w/, ph /f/
Open Parachute: Exploring Emotions
- Yummy Pizza Hot Lunch
- PE today
- Home Reading folder sent home with phonics skill activities and previous word study assessment
- Photo Retake Day (for those who requested)
- Music and French today
- PE today
- A nutritionist will be speaking to the class today about healthy eating (gym strip not needed)
- Dismissal @ 2 pm today
- School Mass @ 9:15 am (Gr. 2 to lead) ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- Word Study Assessment: wh /w/, ph /f/
- Please return Home Reading folders to school
- French today
- Learning Conferences (no classes)
- Wednesday, October 25- Walkathon Assembly @ 1 pm
- Friday, October 27- No School (Professional Development)
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.