Hi Grade Two Families,
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you’re enjoying a food-filled weekend spent with your families and loved ones. I am thankful for all of you and the support you give your children and the school.
The Grade Two cross country runners did an amazing job at their first school sports event on Friday! They cheered each other on, ran their hardest, and had a whole lot of fun at Garry Point Park. It was a great afternoon spent out in the sun. Thank you parents for helping your children get to the practices each week and for supporting them every step of the way! Way to go, team!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Ellie
Phonics Skill: Digraph Review (-ch /ch/, -sh /sh/, -th /th/)
Open Parachute: Exploring Emotions
- No School- Thanksgiving
- Walkathon Monies due today
- Bring runners back to school today (if used for Garry Point Fun Run)
- Home Reading folder sent home with phonics skill activities and previous word study assessment
- Because it’s a short week, our word study assessment will be on Friday instead of Thursday to provide more time to practice
- Music and French today
- PE today
- Dismissal @ 2 pm today
- School Mass @ 9:15 am ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- French today
- School Assembly led by Grade 7 and Kindergarten
- Word Study Assessment: Digraph Review
- Please return Home Reading folders to school
- Library today
- Return any library books not yet brought back
- Canella Hot Lunch
- Saturday, October 14- Learning Conference booking opens
- Monday, October 16- Yummy Pizza Hot Lunch
- Tuesday, October 17- Photo Retake Day (for those who request)
- Thursday, October 19- School Mass led by Grade 2 ~ please join us!
- Friday, October 20- Learning Conferences
Please email me at email@example.com or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.