Hi Grade One Families,
We made it through the first week of school! Woo! The students did a wonderful job in their first week of Grade One! So many “firsts” to navigate…lockers, buddies, Assembly, Mass, and changing for PE to name some of the highlights. We have loved getting to know your children so far and are looking forward to growing together this year!
Thank you so much for sending back the family pictures, birthday pictures, boots, and more! It’s a busy start to the year and we truly appreciate your support.
Please note the following for this week:
Star Student: Mrs. D & Ms. Carroll
Word Study Unit: short vowel a review
- last day to return the brown envelopes sent home from the office
- PE class ~ students will need to wear their PE strip underneath their uniform every Monday
- French class with Mme. Caprili
- Word Study folder sent home for the first time
- Word Study assessment will be on Friday
- Music Class
- PE class ~ students will need to wear their PE strip underneath their uniform every Wednesday
- 9:15am Mass led by Grade 5 ~ please make sure that your child is in full school uniform including their sweater
- French today
- First Word Study Assessment: short vowel a review
- Word Study folder sent home on Monday
- Please return word study folders to school EVERY Friday (they will be returned home every Monday to stay there through the week for review)
- PE class ~ students will need to wear their PE strip underneath their uniform every Friday
- Hooray! You made it through the first full week of school!
- Picture Day ~ Monday, Sept. 19
- Meet the Teacher ~ Tuesday, Sept. 20
- Walkathon Volunteer Forms Due ~ Tuesday, Sept. 20
- Mass led by Grade 7 ~ Thursday, Sept. 21
- Assembly led by Grade 1 & Grade 5 ~ Friday, Sept. 22
Please email us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Please be sure to include BOTH teachers in all email correspondence. Grade 1 agendas have been sent home and are where all notices will be sent home. Please be sure to SIGN your child’s agenda every evening to ensure you don’t miss anything!
Have a great week ahead!
Mrs. Dos Santos & Ms. Carroll 🙂