Hi Grade One Families,
Can you believe we completed our first full week back at school? It has been such a joy getting to know all of the students in our class – we can’t wait for all the adventures ahead!
Picture day is on Monday, September 18th. Please ensure your child is in full uniform this day (including sweater) and any accessories are school colours. We have also noticed that some students are not in the gym strip when going to P.E. classes. Please ensure your child has the correct shorts and t-shirt underneath their uniform when they arrive at school the days that they have P.E.
We are very excited to lead our first grade one and grade five assembly on Friday, September 22nd! Any parents available are always welcome to attend.
This week was a little different with Mr. Kelly away at outdoor Ed, but for the rest of the year (unless otherwise indicated on the blog) here is our schedule of specialists:
P.E. – Monday, Wednesday and Friday (wear gym strip under uniform to school)
Music – Tuesday
French – Monday and Thursday
Mass is every Thursday morning at 9:15 am
Assembly is alternating Friday mornings at 9 am (see school calendar)
Library is every Tuesday, and books should be returned by the following Monday
A reminder that our one fundraiser for the year, Walkathon, takes place on Friday, September 29th. If you are available to walk with the grade one class, please let us know by sending in your walkathon volunteer form. Below is a message from Ms. Griffin regarding fundraising:
How much should my child aim to collect in pledges for Walkathon? – Our Walkathon total last year was $69,653.00, and we’re hoping to beat it this year! Averaged out over our 180 families, that would equal approximately $385 worth of pledges per family. Students are encouraged to ask family members, relatives, family friends, and neighbors, all with parent permission and supervision. We can do this!
Please note the following for this week:
Star Student: Mrs. D & Ms. Carroll
Word Study Unit: short vowel i
Here is what’s happening in our class next week:
- Picture day – please come in full uniform (including sweater)
- P.E. and French
- Walkathon volunteer forms due
- Meet the Teacher Night (details to come from the office)
- Mass at 9:15 led by Grade 7
- Assembly led by Grade 1 & Grade 5 ~ Friday, Sept. 22
- Word Study Assessment: short vowel i
- Please return word study folders to school EVERY Friday
- Word Study folder sent home on Monday
- Thursday, September 28th- Mass (Gr 4)
- Friday, September 29th- Walkathon (Dismissal 12:15)
- Monday, October 2nd- No School (National Day for Truth and Reconciliation)
- Thursday, October 5th- Mass (Gr.3)
- Friday, October 6th- Fukuroku Hot Lunch
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if you have any questions. Please be sure to include BOTH teachers in all email correspondence. Grade 1 agendas have been sent home and are where all notices will be sent home. Please be sure to SIGN your child’s agenda every evening to ensure you don’t miss anything!