Hi Grade One Families,
It was wonderful to meet you all at Meet the Teacher last Tuesday! Thank you for taking the time to come, build community, and support the school. We hope you were able to learn a little bit more about the upcoming year.
The children did such a wonderful job at their first assembly with their Grade 5 buddy class on Friday. Thank you to all family members that were able to join us! The children always love to see you in the crowd!
The Grade Ones have been using their growth mindset to help them this week as we dive into more reading, writing, playing, painting and graphing. The students have been doing a fantastic job with their first couple Word Study Assessments! They are very proud of their hard work and rightfully so!
We have our Walkathon coming up this week! We can’t wait to get outside and walk. Please continue to collect Walkathon pledges. This is a very vital (and only) fundraiser for our school community…let’s make it the best one yet!
Here are some notes for the upcoming week:
Word Study Unit: short vowel o review
Student of the Week: Rina
Here’s what’s happening in our class this week:
- PE class with Mr. Kelly
- French class with Mme. Caprili
- Word Study folder sent home
- Music class with Mr. Kelly
- PE class with Mr. Kelly
Thursday ~ Orange Shirt Day
- this is a non-uniform day and students are asked to wear something (preferably a shirt) that is orange to recognize the Indigenous People who have been (and still are) affected by the Residential Schools
- please send a $2 donation for the Orange Shirt Society (www.orangeshirtday.org)
- Mass @ 9:00 am led by Grade 4
- Word Study Assessment: short vowel o
- Home Reading Folders due today
Friday ~ Walkathon Day!
- students dress for the weather and the walk (non-uniform)
- students should be at school by 8:40 am so that they have time to settle in and use the bathroom before 8:45 am
- we will walk to Garden City Play Park and back to school for our Walkathon this year
- please send your child’s water bottle so that they can carry it with them for the walk
- please send a snack for your child to eat once we return to school
- dismissal is at 12:30 pm
Saturday ~ National Truth and Reconciliation Day
- We take time to reflect on how we can promote healing and reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples
- Thursday, October 5th- Mass (Gr.3)
- Friday, October 6th- Fukuroku Hot Lunch
- Monday, October 9th- Thanksgiving (No School)
- Tuesday, October 10th- Walkathon Money due
- Thursday, October 12- Mass (Gr. 6)
- Friday, October 13- Assembly (Grade 7 & K)
- Friday, October 13- Canella Hot Lunch
Please email us both at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, or write us a note in your child’s agenda. Please be sure to check and initial your child’s agenda every day.
Have an amazing week ahead!
Mrs. Dos Santos & Ms. Caroll