Hi Kinder Families,
This week, we had our first visit from Fr. Sajy! He spoke to the students about how God created them and their family and how God loves us all. Thanks for the visit Fr. and we look forward to your next visit! We also talked about all the things in our life that we are thankful for and we wish you all a happy and blessed Thanksgiving weekend with your families!
Our Feature Image:
Here we is a photo from Walkathon! We had a fantastic day and we’re certain the children had a good rest after their great effort!
This week at a glance:
Student of the Week: OB
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Stuffy
- Thanksgiving Day – No School
Show & Tell: Aztella
- Walkathon Pledge Forms & Money due today
- Music & PE with Mr. Kelly
Show & Tell: Kyra
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- French with Madame Caprilli
- Dismissal @ 2pm
Show & Tell: Mason
- School Mass @ 9:15 am – All are welcome to join!
Show & Tell: Charlotte
- Grade 7 and Kindergarten assembly @ 9am, all welcome to join!
- Canella Hot Lunch – for those who ordered
“My Reading Book” (Inside Homework Folder): We encourage you to spend 10 minutes reading daily with your child. You can leave the readings inside their homework folder.
“My Read Well” book (red duotang): Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
Feeding Futures- All schools have been given funding for to provide a healthy snack for students. The snacks will be things like fruit, granola bars and other healthy snacks. Please send in a snack with your child as normal and if they are still hungry then they can have extras. The snacks will be sent to the school every Monday but due to Thanksgiving they will be in the classroom on Tuesday.
Learning Conferences – Please see the information that was sent home yesterday.
Pumpkin Patch: Permission forms are due back on October 17th. Please consider joining and/or driving students to the field trip.
Hot Lunch: Please check the school calendar for hot lunch days, however we will do our best to remind you. If you ordered hot lunch, please send in utensils for your child to use, along with their regular snack and water bottle.
Homework Folders: Homework Folders have started to go home in your child’s backpack. Please check the folder everyday for notices, home practice, etc. And any notices and forms that need to be sent back to school can be put in the Homework Folders.
Scholastic Reading Club– The October flyer can be accessed here. If you would like to order from Scholastic (optional), please enter Kindergarten’s class code RC318627 at checkout so that we can receive rewards for our classroom! Thank you in advance for your support.
- October 16th: Yummy Pizza Lunch (for those who ordered)
- October 17th: Photo Re-take day (If your child was absent on the original day, they can take their photo this day)
- October 20th: Parent-Teacher Conference – No Classes
- October 25th: Walkathon Assembly @ 1 pm – All are welcome to join!
- October 27th: Professional Development Day – No School
- October 24th: Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch – mark your calendars and considering driving students & joining us!
- October 30th: Yummy Pasta Lunch (for those who ordered)
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Miss Guevara and Miss Maye