Hi Kinder Families,
This week, we got more settled into the routine of Kindergarten. The children began working on their letters in languages and and patterns in math. We also had our first Walkathon at St. Paul School! Thank you to the parents who were able to join and walk with us!
Our Feature Image:
Here we are on Thursday, when we honoured our First Nation’s brothers and sisters by wearing our orange shirts.
This week at a glance:
Student of the Week: Dreydon
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Stuffy
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation – No School
Show & Tell: Alina
- Music & PE with Mr. Kelly
Show & Tell: Theodore
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- French with Madame Caprilli
- Dismissal @ 2pm
- Blessing of Family Pets @ 2 pm dismissal – More info below
Show & Tell: Gabrielle C.
- School Mass @ 9:15 am – All are welcome to join!
Show & Tell: Aizek
- Fukuroku Hot Lunch – for those who ordered
Hot Lunch: Please check the school calendar for hot lunch days, however we will do our best to remind you. If you ordered hot lunch, please send in utensils for your child to use, along with their regular snack and water bottle.
Homework Folders: Homework Folders have started to go home in your child’s backpack. Please check the folder everyday for notices, home practice, etc. And any notices and forms that need to be sent back to school can be put in the Homework Folders.
“My Reading Book” (Inside Homework Folder): We encourage you to spend 10 minutes reading daily with your child. You can leave the readings inside their homework folder.
Absentee Notes: If your child is sick or absent, please email your absentee notice directly to both classroom teachers AND email@example.com
Birthday Celebrations: If you wish to have your child share a special treat with the whole class on his/her birthday, please ensure that the item is individually wrapped and nut-free. All treats will be sent home at the end of the day.
Blessing of Family Pets: Oct. 4th is the feast of St. Francis of Assisi, and to celebrate, we will be having an opportunity for family pets to receive a blessing from Fr. Sajy. The blessing will take place at dismissal time – 2:00 pm, Wednesday, Oct 4th – on the grass field. All pets must be contained (leash, crate/cage/tank) in order to participate. Participating pets must be brought to the property only at dismissal time, and parents/guardians are responsible for their own pets.
- October 9th: Thanksgiving – No School
- October 10th: Walkathon Pledges/Donations Due
- October 13th: Assembly led by Grade 7 & Kindergarten
- October 13th: Canella Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- October 16th: Yummy Pizza Lunch (for those who ordered)
- October 17th: Photo Re-take day (If your child was absent on the original day, they can take their photo this day)
- October 20th: Parent-Teacher Conference – No Classes
- October 25th: Walkathon Assembly @ 1 pm – All are welcome to join!
- October 27th: Professional Development Day – No School
- October 24th: Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch – mark your calendars and considering driving students & joining us!
- October 30th: Yummy Pasta Lunch (for those who ordered)
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Miss Guevara and Miss Maye