Hi Kinder Families,
We spent this week learning about Remembrance Day; watching videos, listening to stories and creating art with our Grade 7 Buddies, for the beautiful assembly led by Grade 6’s. We hope you had a lovely long weekend!
Here is some of our Remembrance Day artwork displayed! We used watercolours to create the background, coloured and cut the silhouette of a soldier and used strips of construction paper to make crosses.
This week at a glance:
Student of the Week: Cassandra S.
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Stuffy
Remembrance Day Holiday – No School
Show & Tell: Dreydon
- Music and P.E. with Mr. Kelly
Show & Tell: Gamaliel
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- French with Madame Caprilli
- Dismissal @ 2pm
- Daily Physical Activity with Miss G & Miss Maye
- Canella Hot Lunch (for those who ordered) – reminder to please bring your own utensil
“My Reading Book” (Inside Homework Folder): We encourage you to spend 10 minutes reading daily with your child. You can leave the readings inside their homework folder.
“My Read Well” book: Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
Scholastic Reading Club– The November Holiday flyer can be accessed here. If you would like to order from Scholastic (optional), please enter Kindergarten’s class code RC318627 at checkout so that we can receive rewards for our classroom! Thank you in advance for your support.
Interim Self-Assessment – We hope you enjoyed getting to see your child’s work. A reminder to please return the self assessment page that was sent home with your child, as soon as possible.
Laundering Fin (Student of the Week)- When it is your child’s turn to take the class stuffy, Fin, home for Student of the Week, you are welcome to wash him in you prefer. We ask that if you do, please place him in a mesh bag and tumble dry in no or low -heat setting, or air dry him.
- November 20th: Yummy Pizza Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- November 24th: Professional Development Day – No School
- November 27th: Triple O’s White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- December 1st: Fukuroku Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- December 4th: Yummy Pasta Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- December 8th: Canella Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- December 11th: Triple O’s White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- December 19th: Christmas Celebration @ 1 pm & 6:45 pm
- December 22nd: Last Day before Christmas Break – dismissal @ 12 noon
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Miss Guevara & Miss Maye