Hello Grade 3 Families!
I hope that you are all enjoying the long Thanksgiving Day weekend! What a wonderful way to end the week: with our school community at the Garry Point Fun Run! We are so blessed to have these great events. It was a real pleasure to see the students participating and giving it their all in the Fun Run!
This week we will be starting the Open Parachute Mental Health Program. To introduce Open Parachute to the Grade 3 students, we will be watching the video What Is Open Parachute?, and then doing an Icebreaker activity, The 4 Quadrants, to foster comfort and connection between the students.
We will also be going over setting boundaries so that the students are encouraged to treat each other with respect while engaged in the Open Parachute lessons.
Whenever there are parent resources that need to be sent home, they will be sent to your email.
Here are the reminders for this week:
Monday ~ October 10th
- No school: Thanksgiving Day Holiday
Tuesday ~ October 11th
- Walkathon Pledges/Donations due
- PE: make sure your child brings back PE shoes used at Garry Point on Friday
Wednesday ~ October 12th
- Dismissal is at 2 pm
Thursday ~ October 13th
- Mass at 9:15 am led by Grade 4 ~ All parents are welcome to join us
Friday ~ October 14th
- Fukuroku hot lunch for those who ordered: please have your child bring their own cutlery
Here is the link for the parents who would like to place Scholastic Book orders in the month of October.
- Please enter Teacher Code: RC143526 to place an order online. This allows Grade 3 to receive points to order new books and various items for the classroom.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please make an appointment to see me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a wonderful week!