Hi Grade Two Families,
It was wonderful seeing so many of you at Meet the Teacher on Tuesday. I really appreciate you taking the time to come, listen, and say hi!
This past week, the students created their own patterns using blocks and had their classmates extend them. They worked together to identify the core as well as discuss the attributes in each of their friends’ patterns.
We also began our Open Parachute program. The class did a wonderful job discussing what mental health is and why it’s important to talk about our changing emotions. I’m looking forward to continuing to help your children navigate their feelings and build their resilience throughout the school year!
This coming week, we have our annual Walkathon! Please continue to raise pledges for our school! Our Walkathon total last year was $69,653.00, and we’re hoping to beat it this year! Averaged out over our 180 families, that would equal approximately $385 worth of pledges per family. Students are encouraged to ask family members, relatives, family friends, and neighbours, all with parent permission and supervision. We can do this!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Riley
Phonics Skill: -all, -oll, -ull
Open Parachute: Exploring Emotions
- Home Reading folder sent home with new phonics skill activities and previous word study assessment
- PE today
- Music and French today
- Cross-Country practice after school from 3:00-4:00pm
- Wear PE strip under uniform to change into for practice
- Pick up at St. Paul School
- PE today
- Dismissal @ 2 pm today
- Cross-Country practice before school from 7:30-8:30am
- Meet at St. Paul School
- Wear comfortable clothes, including your Orange Shirt, to practice (no PE strip needed)
- Orange Shirt Day
- Students can dress out of uniform, wearing orange, to honour National Truth and Reconciliation Day
- Please bring in a $2 donation for the Orange Shirt Society
- School Mass @ 9:15 am ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- Word Study Assessment: -all, -oll, -ull
- Please return Home Reading folders to school
- French today
- An email will be sent early next week with more information
- Dismissal upon arrival at school @ 12:30 pm
- Monday, October 2- No School (National Day for Truth and Reconciliation)
- Friday, October 6- Fukuroku Hot Lunch
- Friday, October 6- Garry Point Fun Run for those in Cross Country (more details to come)
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.