Hello Grade Two Families,
We had our first complete week of Grade 2! It was full of learning and getting back into the swing of things. We engaged in a lot of discussions about ways we can do what Jesus wants and how we can live our faith by praying using our five fingers. We also had hands-on practice with making patterns, reading books, and writing using our neat printing. I was very impressed by their focus and determination to ensure that they put their best foot forward!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Mila
Phonics Skill: FLSZ Spelling Rule (ff, ll, ss, zz)
- Photo Day! 📸
- Please make sure your child comes to school in complete uniform with their sweaters and the appropriate hair accessories
- Home Reading folder sent home with new phonics skill activities and previous word study assessment
- PE today
- Walkathon Volunteer Form due today
- Music and French today
- Cross-Country practice after school from 3:00-4:00pm
- Wear PE strip under uniform to change into for practice
- Pick up at St. Paul School
- AGM & Meet the Teacher at 6:30 pm
- I look forward to seeing you all tonight!
- PE today
- Dismissal @ 2 pm today
- Cross-Country practice before school from 7:30-8:30am
- Meet at St. Paul School
- Wear PE strip to practice and bring uniform/black shoes to change into after practice
- School Mass @ 9:15 am ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- Word Study Assessment: FLSZ Spelling Rule (ff, ll, ss, zz)
- Please return Home Reading folders to school
- French today
- Hot Lunch orders due today
- School Assembly led by Grade 5 and 1
- Pizza Party 🍕
- Lunch will be provided by Mila’s family for her birthday!
- Please pack a morning snack
- PE today
- Library today
- Return any library books not yet brought back
- Thursday, September 28- Orange Shirt Day
- Friday, September 29- Walkathon
- Please continue to raise pledges for our school! Our Walkathon total last year was $69,653.00, and we’re hoping to beat it this year! Averaged out over our 180 families, that would equal approximately $385 worth of pledges per family. Students are encouraged to ask family members, relatives, family friends, and neighbours, all with parent permission and supervision. We can do this!
Please email me at email@example.com or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.