Dear Grade Two Families,
We had a very exciting day as the children got to visit the Post Office to deliver their letters to Santa! Throughout the week, the class worked hard to write their letters, decorate their notes, and address their envelopes to the North Pole. At the Post Office, they each got to timestamp their mail, ensuring its safe delivery to Santa’s Workshop!
On Sunday, we look forward to the beginning of Advent. It is the start of a new liturgical year, and a joyous one indeed! During Advent, we are asked to prepare the way for the Lord for His coming at Christmas, and for His second coming. We prepare at home and at school, but most importantly we prepare our hearts.
This past week, the class came up with ways to prepare their hearts for Jesus’ coming by creating a special Advent calendar with daily promises. The students reverently reflected on an act of service they could do for each day of Advent as they patiently wait for Christmas.
Another way we can prepare our hearts this Advent is through our school’s charity project in support of Luke 15 House. Each student in Grade Two is asked to bring in combs, lip balm, and $5 by December 11th, which will be used to create care packages for the men who live there. Please see Ms. Griffin’s email for more information. Thank you, in advance, for your generosity!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Ynna
Phonics Skill: _ge /j/
Open Parachute: Speaking Up
- Yummy Pasta Hot Lunch
- PE today
- Home Reading folder sent home with phonics skill activities and previous word study assessment
- Music and French today
- PE today
- Dismissal @ 2 pm today
- Hot Lunch Order Forms due
- School Mass @ 9:15 am (Gr. 2 to lead) ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- Word Study Assessment: _ge /j/
- Please return Home Reading folders to school
- French today
- Weekly RAZ-Kids recording due by today (only one please!)
- School Assembly led by Grade 7 and Kindergarten
- PE today
- Library today
- Please return any library books not yet brought back
- Canella Hot Lunch
- Monday, December 11- Triple O’s Hot Lunch
- Wednesday, December 13- Class Advent Party
- Friday, December 15- Fukuroku Hot Lunch
Please email me at email@example.com or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.