Dear Grade One Families,
Last week we continued with our Open Parachute program. In Lesson 2, we spoke about how we can apologize and repair things after an argument. The children learned about 3 ways we can repair things when we get into a disagreement with someone: 1) Walk away and calm down 2) Tell a trusted adult and 3) Say sorry and make a plan for how to make things better. We also learned that when apologizing, we can use the words: 1) I’m sorry for… 2) It was wrong because… and 3) Next time I will…Please feel free to practice these steps with your children at home, in order to reinforce their learning!
On Friday, we had our Walkathon assembly and we raised a grand total of $68,665.43! Thank you very much for all your hard work in collecting pledges! A special congratulations to our Grade 1 Walkathon prize winners- Micah, Tristan, Brandon & Kira.
In addition to Halloween, this week we are celebrating All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. We will be learning about the different saints throughout the month of November as we look to them to help us grow in our relationship with God. We will also be focusing our prayer intentions on our loved ones who have passed away. On Tuesday, they will be taking home a piece of paper to write down the name of someone who has passed away that they want to pray for. Please return it on Wednesday so we can include them in our class prayer intentions. Grade 1 will also be leading Mass this coming Thursday. Please join us if you are able to!
Here are some notes for the upcoming week:
Word Study Unit: r blends
Student of the Week: Tristan
Monday ~ Halloween
- Halloween Dress Down Day
- Students can come in their Halloween costumes or wear black and orange
- Please see Ms. Moorehead’s emails for more information
- Students are welcome to bring a special Halloween treat to eat during the movie. This can be brought in in addition to their recess snack.
- If you would like to bring a Halloween treat for the whole class, you are more than welcome to. This is entirely optional. Please see the guidelines below for bringing in a Halloween treat:
- all treats must be individually wrapped
- perishable treats must be nut free
- please do not label each treat individually (however, you can certainly label who it’s from)
- Please bring in a reusable bag to put treats inside
- Agendas will not be sent home today
- Yummy Pizza lunch for those who ordered
- Please return Word Study folders if you haven’t yet
- PE today
Tuesday ~ All Saints’ Day
- Music class with Mr. Kelly
Wednesday ~ All Souls’ Day
- Please return prayer intention paper today
- PE today
- Assembly led by Grade 6 & 3
- 9:15am Mass ~ please make sure that your child is in full school uniform including their sweater
- Grade 1 will be leading the Mass ~ please join us!
- French class with Mme. Caprili
- Library today ~ please be sure to return all library books before today
- Word Study Assessment – you r blends
- Please return Word Study folders today
- PE today
- Fukuroku hot lunch for those who ordered
- Interim Reports are sent home today
Please email us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us a note in your child’s agenda. Please be sure to check and initial your child’s agenda everyday. Please be sure to include both teachers in all email correspondence.
Have a wonderful week ahead!
Mrs. Dos Santos & Mrs. Teodosio 🙂