Hi Grade One Families,
This week the children learned all about Remembrance Day, and how it is observed on the 11th day of the 11th month, November 11th.
Grade 1 attended a special Remembrance Day assembly led by the Grade 7s, as well as got to meet Chief Warrant Officer W. Zhang. He taught them all about when you work in the Navy, you are a sailor; Army, you are a soldier; and Royal Canadian Air Force, you are an aviator! We also painted our very own poppies featured in our image of the week.
At the 11th hour on Remembrance Day, we pause to remember the brave soldiers, sailors and aviators who fought, and continue to fight to keep our country safe and free.
Here are some notes for the upcoming week:
Word Study Unit: FLSZ
Student of the Week: Adriel
Open Parachute Unit (at School): Helping our Feelings & Repairing with Others
Open Parachute Unit (at Home): Resilience
- No school ~ professional day
- Please read Term 2 Home Reading letter in your child’s Home Reading folder
- Interim self-assessment due for those who haven’t returned it yet
- Bring in $2 for the poppy donations for those who forgot
- Please return Home Reading folders if you haven’t yet
- Music class with Mr. Kelly
- PE today
- Assembly today led by Grade 5 & 1 ~ please join us!
- 9:15am Mass ~ please make sure that your child is in full school uniform including their sweater
- White Spot Hot Lunch for those who ordered ~ please bring your own cutlery
- French class with Mme. Caprili
- Library today ~ please be sure to return all library books before today
- Word Study Assessment – FLSZ
- Please return Word Study folders today
- PE today
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, or write us a note in your child’s agenda. Please be sure to check and initial your child’s agenda everyday. Please be sure to include both teachers in all email correspondence.
Mrs. Dos Santos & Mrs. Teodosio 🙂