Hello Grade 2 Families,
Your child will be bringing his/her first Home Reading book on Monday!
Here are just a few reminders for you:
- Your child will bring home a reading booklet and communication booklet in the blue folder
- Please read for 20 minutes and record the time your child has read. They can read it to you or read it with you.
- If your child finishes the book before 20 minutes, they can read it again or pick a different book from home.
- Please help your child read with fluency and expression, and make sure that they are pausing after each sentence.
- If they struggle through a word, let them try to sound it out first. If they are stuck, please help them.
- Please use the first two pages as a guide to help your child’s reading.
- Have your child bring the book to school the next day even if the reading is not completed.
- Students are not allowed to take out a new book if they have not returned the previous ones.
- The books are starting to experience some wear and tear, so please help us take good care of them.
Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Enjoy the reading time with your child!