Hi Kindergarten Families,
We have been happily preparing our classroom and are so excited to begin this new learning adventure with you and your children!
A few things to note:
Schedule & Groups were emailed mid-August. Please let us know if you did not receive it.
First Day of School
Please know your child’s gradual entry group (see e-mail). There is only one hour of school on the first day! Group A will have class from 8:45-9:45 and Group B will follow from 10:00-11:00. Parents are asked to leave campus and return for their child’s pick-up.
As we are learning new routines, your child is welcome to bring a backpack on their first day of school but nothing else is needed. Your child does NOT need a snack for the first day of school. Please send a nut-free snack and bottle of water starting on Wednesday, September 8th (for Group A) and Thursday, September 9th (for Group B).
Arrival and Dismissal
In Kindergarten, parents and guardians are expected to walk with their child to and from the Kindergarten portable for arrival and dismissal. At Dismissal, please wait outside the Kindergarten portable (under the covered area) for your child to be dismissed from the classroom.
Items requested by Friday, September 16th:
- Proper backpack (please no “rolly” backpacks as they take up too much space in our shared cubby)
- Homework folder (found at Dollarama, Staples, etc. for notices & duo-tangs)
- Please see the attached photo examples (at the bottom) for your reference.
- Lunch Bag
- Water bottle
- Rain boots (to stay at school)
- Rain jacket (to stay at school)
- Runners (to stay at school)
- Extra change of clothes (to stay at school)
- Please make sure to include a shirt, pants, socks and underwear in a large labelled Ziplock bag.
- Gym Bag (to stay at school)
- This is a cloth drawstring bag that will be used to hold your child’s gym shoes. It will be given out on the first day of school to be decorated (glitter, markers, stickers etc.) and sent back to school.
- 16″ x 20″ White Canvas (for a yearlong art project- found at Dollarama, Michaels, etc.)
- Headphones in a labelled, freezer ziplock bag (for the listening centre)
- Beach towel or blanket in a reusable tote bag as it will be kept in your child’s cubby throughout the school year (for quiet time)
- 4”x 6” family photo in a frame (for our classroom)
- 4”x 6” photo of your child (for the school’s birthday wall—no frame, just labelled with their name and birthday on back)
- A box of tissues
Kindergarten’s weekly blog will be updated every weekend to prepare you for the week to come. Please check the blog for the week at a glance as well as for any important information: https://www.stpaulschool.ca/classes/kindergarten/
ClassDojo is a school communication platform that teachers, students, and families use to build close-knit communities by sharing what’s being learned in the classroom home through photos, videos, and messages. We will be creating our Kindergarten 2022-2023 class profile in the coming week so please be sure to check your emails to join our classroom!
Please let us know if you have any questions.
We look forward to a wonderful school year together!
Miss Guevara & Miss Maye