Good afternoon Kinder families,
We had a short but very sunny week in Kindergarten! We continued learning about subtraction in Math and our vowel sounds in Language Arts! We hope that everyone enjoys the extra long weekend!
Our Featured Image
Here is a photo of our last visit from Fr. Felix! At assembly this week we presented him with a card and wished him the very best of luck in his new parish! Thank you Fr. Felix! We will miss you!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the Week: Vowel sounds (continued)
Show & Tell: My favourite game
- No School- Victoria Day
Show & Tell: Michaela
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Field Trip to Save on Foods
Show & Tell: Rina
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Elizabeth
- Mass led by Kindergarten @ 9:15 am – all are welcome
- French with Madame
- White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
Show & Tell: Aura
- Music with Mr. Kelly
- Dress Down- Jean Up Day to support the Children’s Hospital.
- Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, Epic Books, library books, or books from home)
- SplashLearn– Students are welcome, but not required, to practice their Math skills on the SplashLearn app. Please let us know if you need the class login information.
- Open Parachute– Please continue to ask your child about what they learned during SEL. You can access the OpenParachute Parent Resources here
- Genius Hour- We have sent home information about ‘Talking Tub’s in your child’s homework folder. Please read the information sheet and bring books and ‘Talking Tub’ to school by Wednesday, May 24th.
- Call for Community Helpers- We have invited you to come and share you jobs and how you help the community! Please have a read through the email we sent and let us know if you would like to come to the classroom!
- Scholastic Reading Club– The May Catalogue can be viewed online here. Reminder it is optional to order, but if you do please enter Kindergarten’s class code RC318627 at checkout so that we can receive rewards for our classroom! Thank you in advance for your support.
- Summer Camp- There are still places available for the Reading and Writing Rock Stars summer camp! The camp will be in school from July 10th – 14th and will be led by Ms. Maye and Ms. Wu! If you are interested please send an email to email@example.com .
- Sunny Day Ready – We have had such beautiful, sunny days lately, so we ask that you remember to send any protective gear your child may need! Hats and sunblock are welcome! As with everything else that gets sent to school, please ensure it is clearly labelled.
- Monday, May 22nd – Victoria Day – No School
- Tuesday, May 23rd- Field Trip to Save-On Grocery Store
- Thursday, May 25th – White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Thursday, May 25th – Mass led by Kindergarten @ 9:15 – all are welcome!
- Monday, May 29th- Kindergarten & Grade 1 Field Trip to Science World
- Wednesday, May 31st – Assembly led by Grades 4& 2 @ 1:15 – all are welcome!
- Friday, June 2nd- Pro D- No School
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!
Miss Guevara & Miss Maye