This week, the children learned about St. Valentine and were very excited to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Kindergarten! They discovered that the reason we hand out cards and treats on this special day is to let others know we care about them, just like St. Valentine did! Ms. Guevara and I could feel the tremendous amount of love in our classroom this week, and hope you may also feel the same amount of love at home, especially on this Family Day long weekend! ♡
This Week at a Glance:
Letter of the week: T
Number of the week: 9
Student of the week: Ethan
Show & Tell Theme: Something I made (i.e. a craft, a painting, etc.)
- No School- Family Day
Show & Tell: Mila
- PE today
- Nature Walk today
Show & Tell: Jasper
- Pink Shirt Day
- Students can dress out of uniform, wearing pink, in support of anti-bullying
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Mateo
- School Mass @ 9:00 am ~ Please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Please bring your own cutlery!
- French today
Show & Tell: Eden
- Hot Lunch Orders due today
- Fire Drill today
- Music today
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, online reading programs, library books, or books from home)
- Skip Counting: As we are quickly approaching the hundredth day of school, Kindergarten has been learning to count by 5’s and 10’s! A copy of a Hundred’s Chart has been placed inside your child’s Reading Book (yellow folder) to help them practice skip counting at home.
- 100th Day Project: Information about Kindergarten’s 100th Day activity was placed inside your child’s homework folder this week. Please help your child find 100 of the same items, group them in either sets of five or ten, and bring the collection to school by Monday, February 28th. They will use these project to practice their skip counting. A hundred thanks for your support!
- “My Read Well” book– Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- Homework folders– These will continue to be sent home every day. Please check the folders daily and send them back to school every day as your child is expected to hand them in each morning.
- Updated School Procedures- Please read Ms. Moorehead’s email regarding Covid-19 updates on school routines. This includes the return of our normal pick-up procedures so all students will be dismissed from the Kindergarten portable at 3:00pm, starting on Tuesday.
- Monday, February 28th– 100th Day of School Celebration!
- Wednesday, March 2nd- Ash Wednesday
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Miss Guevara
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com