This week, learned all about Holy Week and the events leading up to Easter. The children enjoyed discussing the sequence of events that took place during Holy Week and were excited to watch their Grade Seven buddies re-enact the Last Supper this morning as well as attend the Stations of the Cross service this afternoon. They were able to make meaningful connections between what they were seeing with what they were learning in class! They also made Holy Week crosses which are now displayed in their cubbies as a reminder of Jesus’ love and the sacrifices He has made for us. We wish you all a blessed Easter Weekend!
This Week at a Glance:
Letter of the week: G
Shapes of the week: 2D Shapes Review
Student of the week: Olivia C.
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Book
- No School- Easter Monday
Show & Tell: Oliver L.
- Class Photo Day 📸
- Please ensure your child wears their full uniform (including their sweater)
- Any hair accessories worn must be school colours (yellow, blue, black, or white)
- Kindergarten’s Easter Celebration
- Your child may bring Easter cards or treats for their classmates. If your child plans on sharing treats with the class, please be sure they are nut-free and individually wrapped.
- Earthquake Drill today
- PE today
Show & Tell: Joshua
- PE today
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Avila
- White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Please bring your own cutlery!
- French today
- Student Led Conferences today- No Classes
- Students will come to school (in uniform) with you, at your scheduled time, to show you around their classroom and what they’ve been learning!
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, online reading programs, library books, or books from home)
- “My Read Well” book– Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- Homework folders– These will continue to be sent home every day. Please check the folders daily and send them back to school every day as your child is expected to hand them in each morning.
- Student Led Conferences- Registration for Student Led Conferences opens this Saturday. Please see the notice from Ms. Moorehead for more information.
- Toys – Just a friendly reminder that unless it is your child’s show and tell, please be sure to keep toys at home, so that they don’t get lost or broken at school.
- Monday, April 25th– Nova Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Wednesday, April 27th- School Assembly (Grade 6 and 3 to lead)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Miss Guevara
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org