Hello Grade 3 Families!
On Wednesday afternoon we had the Walkathon Assembly. It was wonderful to see that through your generosity and efforts, we were able to raise an amazing record-breaking total of $87,7006!
The Grade 3 students were really excited when they found out that, together, they had raised the highest amount for primary, and will be having a pizza lunch! The date is yet to be determined.
It will be an exciting week for the Grade 3 students, with Halloween on Tuesday! The Grade 3 students will each be receiving a reusable gold bag to take their treats home. Please have your child bring their bag back to school and hand it in to me the following day, since we will use be using them again at other times in the school year!
On Friday, the Interim reports will be going home. It will be a digital report where you will be able to see samples of your child’s work. Since I cannot simultaneously add all of the postings at the end of the day on Friday, I will start posting on Wednesday evening: please wait until Friday evening before looking at the postings on your child’s portfolio.
On Friday, a notice will also be sent home in your child’s agenda. In it you will be able to see a description of the proficiency level indicators. On the back of this notice there will be a form for you and your child to fill out. Please do this after having gone through the postings of your child’s work on their ClassDojo Portfolio.
The due date for your child to hand in the notice is Thursday, November 9th.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Monday ~ October 30th
- Yummy Pasta Hot Lunch
Tuesday ~ October 31st
- Dress Down Day for Halloween: Please read the email that Mrs. Moorehead sent on Thursday to read about the Halloween Dress Down Details
- Families are allowed to send individually-wrapped nut-free treats to school to be distributed to other students. If your child brings treats to share, please make sure that he/she has enough for each of his/her classmates (30)
Wednesday ~ November 1st
- Bring back empty gold bag and hand it in to me for future use
- Dismissal is at 2 pm
Thursday ~ November 2nd
- Mass at 9:15 am led by Grade 5 ~ you are welcome to join us
- Library ~Library books should be brought back to school
Friday ~ November 3rd
- 9 am: Assembly led by Grade 2 & 4
- Fukuroku hot lunch
- Digital Interim reports going home
Here is the link for the parents who would like to place Scholastic Book orders in the month of November.
- Please enter Teacher Code: RC143526 to place an order online. This allows Grade 3 to receive points to order new books and various items for the classroom.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please make an appointment to see me or email me at email@example.com
Have a wonderful week!