Hi Grade One Families,
We began our Open Parachute lessons this week. Ms. Moorehead has sent home several emails about what Open Parachute is and what it’s all about. Our first few lessons are about helping our feelings and repairing relationships with others. We talked about how we can hurt others when we are angry and so we practiced the skill of using our words when we are in fights with friends or family members. The children engaged with the lessons and understood the importance of using our words. We will continue to practice these skills as the year progresses. Please feel free to ask your child about how they can use their words.
Learning Conferences are on Thursday, Oct. 20th and Friday, Oct. 21st. Please don’t forget to book your appointment starting on Saturday, October 15th at 9 am. We look forward to seeing you then!
Here are some notes for the upcoming week:
Word Study Unit: short vowel e
Student of the Week: Sophia
- Word Study folders go home today
- Yummy Pizza hot lunch for those who ordered
- Photo retake day
- Please return original photos in order to have retakes done
- Music class with Mr. Kelly
- PE today
- Assembly led by Grade 4 and 2
- 9:15am Mass ~ please make sure that your child is in full school uniform including their sweater
- French class with Mme. Caprili
- Library today ~ please be sure to return all library books before today
- Word Assessment (short vowel e)
- Please return Word Study folders today
- Dismissal is at noon
- Learning Conferences in the afternoon
- Learning Conferences today ~ no regular classes
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, or write us a note in your child’s agenda. Please be sure to check and initial your child’s agenda everyday. Please be sure to include both teachers in all email correspondence.
Mrs. Dos Santos & Mrs. Teodosio 🙂