Homepage 2018-01-21T08:43:20+00:00

Welcome

Hello and welcome to our website. It is an honour and a privilege to be Principal of St. Paul School. As part of the Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese, St. Paul School strives to provide a quality Catholic education to our students and their families. Together with parents, we endeavor to develop the entire child in each of the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional domains in order to guide them along the path to becoming responsible members of the Church and society.

We are a joyful community of learning and faith, and I hope you enjoy browsing our website to learn more about our school.

Yours in faith,

Principal Maureen Moorehead

The Pillars of St Paul School

The EDUCATION PROGRAM is directed toward the full development of the whole person the total integration of Catholic faith with personal life and culture. Parents, priests and teachers share the responsibility of providing the opportunities which will aid the students in acquiring such basic convictions which will enable them to take their place in society as mature, loving, caring persons who courageously remain faithful to their Christian commitment.

Our Philosophy

As children of God, made in God’s image, we are pilgrims learning and teaching at St. Paul School. Together we work to serve God and our fellow sisters and brothers. Jesus Christ is the focal point of our school life; where we not only learn about Christ, but also teach Christian principles by work and example. The activities of the school are filled and governed by the spirit of the Gospel. At St. Paul we endeavour to develop a true Christian community in which all members’ work together to promote the growth of one another. We challenge the students to achieve their highest level of performance and strive for excellence.

Our History

By: Eileen Fowler

Let’s look back to see how it all came to be….

As far back as 1944, plans for a Catholic school were made under the tenure of pastor Father Pat McEvoy. Land was purchased at Garden City Rd. and Granville Avenue. Unfortunately, through the years, the wishes of the Pastor and people did not materialize. When Father William Kilty arrived in 1952, there were around 200 families in the parish, and we needed a new and bigger church. In 1958 the five acres on which our complex now stands was purchased. Under the guidance of Father Kilty, a building committee of one hundred men solicited parishioners for funds.

Learn More

Calendar

Calendar

Our Church.
Our Community.

Working together to build our future home.