Dear Grade Six Families,
The students are working diligently to finish off their assignment for Science: Working in a Spacesuit and their Alexander Calder-inspired mobiles have been completed and are beautifully displayed in the classroom.
Our featured image is from Iqbal. The students are assigned roles within their group and the artist’s job is to visually represent that chapter. We are so pleased with the amount of effort and detail within each piece of art.
Homework for this weekend includes:
- Read 30 minutes both quietly and aloud (fiction and non-fiction books)
- Time Treasure Talent – due Monday
- International Women’s Day Project – due Friday
- Iqbal – Chapter 7 roles due after Spring Break
- Fractions: pg. 64 Question #3 – due Monday
- Practice Multiplication Tables five minutes everyday
- Extreme Environments – Work in a Spacesuit – good copy is due Monday. Follow the checklist posted in Google Classroom.
- First Nations Principles of Good Governance – you should have your paragraph for The Land and The Law completed. You are to work on The People over the weekend (due Monday). You are using primary and secondary sources for your research. See Google Classroom for Rubric. All three sketches in draft should also be ready for Monday.
- Ukrainian Easter egg – draft is due on Thursday. See Google Classroom for instructions.
1. Friday, March 12th – Last day of school before Spring Break
2. March 15th – 26th – Spring Break
3. Monday, March 29th – First day back to school after Spring Break
4. Wednesday, March 31 – Mite Boxes due
5. Thursday, April 1st – Holy Thursday
6. Friday, April 2nd – Good Friday (No School)
7. Monday, April 5th – Easter Monday (No School)
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org