Dear Grade Six Families,
This past week we celebrated our 41st Catholic Educators Conference. Even though the format was done differently, it was wonderful to have the opportunity to listen to some amazing speakers to help us with our professional and spiritual growth.
On Wednesday, February 17th the school community will be celebrating Ash Wednesday. We will be accessing the Parish YouTube channel and replaying that morning’s livestream Mass at 9:05 am. Each class will be provided with a small bowl of blessed ashes and we will be sprinkling a small amount over each student’s head – contactless. Father will make his way to the school and administer communion and blessings.
We wish you a fantastic St. Valentine’s Day and Family Day long weekend! Go outside and play in the snow!!
Homework for this weekend includes:
- Read 30 minutes both quietly and aloud (fiction and non-fiction books)
- Complete pg. 141 Questions #1 & #2 – due Tuesday
- Practice multiplication tables – 5 minutes everyday
- St. Valentin word search – due Wednesday (use a ruler and pink or red pencil crayon to find the words)
- Rights and Responsibilities draft is due on Tuesday. See Google classroom for specifics as well as rubric.
- Alexander Calder inspired mobiles – have your 24 circles drawn, fine-lined, coloured and cut for Thursday’s class
1. Monday, February 15th – Family Day (Holiday)
2. Wednesday, February 17th – Ash Wednesday
3. Friday, February 19th – Fukuroku Hot Lunch (bring your own cutlery)
4. Friday, February 24th – Pink shirt day
5. January/February Scholastic Book Orders
- Click here to view E-flyer:
- Please enter Teacher Code: RC227863 to place an order online
- Books will be delivered directly to your home
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com