Dear Grade 6 Families,
A heartfelt thanks to all the families who donated to our Christmas Fundraising Campaign Hampers of Hope, to help those in need in our community. Your generosity is very much appreciated.
This week the children had an opportunity to confess their sins and on Monday they will celebrate Mass in the Parish centre. We are so fortunate to be able to come together as a class and prepare our hearts for this special Advent season.
Thursday is our Advent party and we will have a pizza lunch, followed by games and a movie. Thank you to our homeroom parents for organizing this event.
On Friday, students may wear Christmas themed clothes to school including ugly Christmas sweaters. The St. Paul’s students will be watching The Christmas concert in their classrooms. Parents will then have the opportunity to watch it at home.
It is Father Smith’s birthday on Friday. Wish him a Happy Birthday if you see him around.
- Read 30 minutes both quietly and aloud (fiction and non-fiction books)
- Complete Advent paragraph: 200 – 500 words – due Monday
- Practice Être by singing the song to the tune of: The Ants go Marching One by One – due Monday
- Country Research presentations will begin on Monday. Please practice your presentation skills. Remember, you are not reading off the screen. See rubric for clarification. Your peers will also be evaluating you on your presentation skills. You may bring in items from that country to show the class if you have something special to share.
- Topic requirements: Introduction, History, Geography, Culture, Interesting Facts, Conclusion and websites: picture websites and information websites.
- there will be no morning practice on Monday due to Mass
- first group dismissal for Friday is at 11:45 am and the second group dismissal is at 12:00 pm
Monday, January 4th – School Re-opens
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns.
We hope you have a joyous and restful Christmas break with your families!
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org