Hi Kinder Families,
We had a wonderful second week of school, meeting their classmates in the other group! This week, Kindergarten attended Mass without their big buddies, and they did very well! As we begin full day Kindergarten this Wednesday, September 20th, we look forward to becoming more familiar with the rest of the school. Thank you, parents, for organizing your schedules around gradual entry. Your support has been greatly appreciated!
Our Feature Image:
Here is our first class photo!
This week at a glance:
- Photo Day – Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Group A&B – Dismissal at 1pm
- Music with Mr. Kelly
- Group A&B Dismissal @ 1pm
- AGM and Meet the Teacher @ 6:30pm
Wednesday – First Full Day of Kinder!
- French with Madame Caprilli
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Dismissal @ 2pm
- School Mass @ 9:15 am – All are welcome to join!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- Dismissal @ 3pm
- Assembly @ 9 am – led by Grades 5 & 1 – All are welcome to join!
- Dismissal @ 3pm
Snack: Please send a nutritious snack (such as fruit or vegetables) as well as a reusable water bottle (please do NOT pack juice boxes). Please also ensure that your child is comfortable opening any containers you send and that everything is labeled.
- Allergies: Please do NOT include seafood, peanuts, or any kind of nut as we do have children with severe allergies at our school.
Extra items: Thank you for bringing the items. Please check your email to see if you are missing an item or two and please send them in by Monday, September 18th.
Photo Day: Photo day is on Monday, September 18th. Please make sure your children have their school sweater and best smile ready!
Pick-Up and Drop-Off: For the safety of the children, pick up will always be at the ramp leading to the Kindergarten door. Also, please remember to cross at the crosswalk when crossing the front parking lot.
Hot Lunch Orders: The optional hot lunch order form & cheque is due by Friday, September 22nd.
Absentee Notes: If your child is sick or absent, please email your absentee notice directly to both classroom teachers AND email@example.com
Blog: Please subscribe to our Kindergarten blog and check the school webpage often for important information and updates.
Meet the Teacher: Our Meet the Teacher Night and school AGM will take place in the Gym at 6:30pm on Tuesday September 19th.
Walkathon: Our annual school Walkathon is on Friday, September 29th. The Walkathon raises money for future technology, the music program, and sports equipment. Please continue to raise pledges for our school! Last year our total amount raised was $69,653.00, and we’re hoping to beat it this year! Averaged out over our 180 families, that would equal approximately $385 worth of pledges per family. Students are encouraged to ask family members, relatives, family friends, and neighbours, all with parent permission and supervision. We can do this!
Birthday Celebrations: If you wish to have your child share a special treat with the whole class on his/her birthday, please ensure that the item is individually wrapped and nut-free. All treats will be sent home at the end of the day.
- September 27th: Kindergarten Hearing Screening – more info to come
- September 28th: Orange Shirt Day
- September 29th: Walkathon – Dismissal @ 12:15 pm
- October 2nd: National Day for Truth and Reconciliation – No School
- October 6th: Fukuroku Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- October 9th: Thanksgiving – No School
- October 10th: Walkathon Pledges/Donations Due
- October 13th: Assembly led by Grade 7 & Kindergarten
- October 13th: Canella Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Miss Guevara and Miss Maye