Hi Kindergarten Families,
We have been happily preparing our classroom and are so excited to begin this new learning adventure with you and your children!
A few things to note:
Schedule & Groups were emailed early August. Please let us know if you did not receive it.
First Day of School
Please know your child’s gradual entry group (see e-mail). There is only one hour of school on the first day! Group A will have class from 8:45-9:45 and Group B will follow from 10:00-11:00. Parents are asked to leave campus and return for their child’s pick-up.
As we are learning new routines, your child is welcome to bring a backpack on their first day of school but nothing else is needed. Your child does NOT need a snack for the first day of school.
On half days, 8:45 – 12:00 pm or 12:45 – 3:00 pm please send a nut-free snack and bottle of water only.
On days that end at 1:00 pm, please send a nut-free snack, healthy lunch and bottle of water.
Arrival and Dismissal
In Kindergarten, parents and guardians are expected to walk with their child to and from the Kindergarten portable for arrival and dismissal. At Dismissal, please wait outside the Kindergarten portable (under the covered area) for your child to be dismissed from the classroom.
Items requested by Friday, September 15th: Please let us know if you need assistance with getting any of the items!
- Proper backpack (please no “rolly” backpacks as they take up too much space in our shared cubby)
- Homework folder (found at Dollarama, Staples, etc. for notices & duo-tangs)
- Please see the attached photo example (at the bottom) for your reference.
- Rain boots or other outdoor shoes (to stay at school)
- Rain jacket (to stay at school)
- Runners (to stay at school)
- Extra change of clothes (to stay at school)
- Please make sure to include a shirt, pants, socks and underwear in a large labelled Ziplock bag. It does not need to be the school uniform.
- Gym Bag (to stay at school)
- This is a cloth drawstring bag that will be used to hold your child’s gym shoes. It will be given out on the first day of school to be decorated (glitter, markers, stickers etc.) and sent back to school.
- 16″ x 20″ White Canvas with wood trim along the back (for a yearlong art project- found at Dollarama, Michaels, etc.)
- Please see the attached photo examples (at the bottom) for your reference.
- Headphones in a labelled, freezer ziplock bag (for the listening centre)
- Beach towel in a reusable bag as it will be kept in the classroom throughout the school year (for quiet time)
- 4”x 6” family photo in a frame (for our classroom)
- 4”x 6” photo of your child (for the school’s birthday wall—no frame, just labelled with their name, grade and birthday on back)
Kindergarten’s weekly blog will be updated every weekend to prepare you for the week to come. Please check the blog for the week at a glance as well as for any important information: https://www.stpaulschool.ca/classes/kindergarten/
ClassDojo is a school communication platform that teachers, students, and families use to build close-knit communities by sharing what’s being learned in the classroom home through photos, videos, and messages. We will be creating our Kindergarten 2023-2024 class profile in the coming week so please be sure to check your emails to join our classroom!
Please let us know if you have any questions.
We look forward to a wonderful school year together!
Miss Guevara & Miss Maye