This week, we led our first assembly with our buddies. They did a wonderful job leading with our thanksgiving prayer. It was a great practice for when we lead school Mass in November. We had our first visit with Father Felix and he talked to us about Thanksgiving and answered some of our questions! We are so thankful for all the wonderful students and supportive families in Kindergarten! We wish you all a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
Our Featured Image:
With Thanksgiving coming up, the students brainstormed and discussed all of the things they are thankful for. We hope you enjoy the lovely card they made for you!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the Week: H
Student of the week: Ella
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Toy
- No School- Thanksgiving
Show & Tell: Abigail
- Walkathon pledges and donations due today
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Nature Walk today
Show & Tell: Andres
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Theodore
- Pumpkin Patch form due today
- School Mass @ 9:00 am
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- French with Madame Caprilli
Show & Tell: Joyce
- Fukuroku Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Please bring your own cutlery!
- Music with Mr. Kelly
Student of the Week and Show & Tell
- Student of the Week – If you child is student of the week, please take the time to document their week by taking pictures (swimming/piano/violin/karate lessons, playing games/toys at home, family outings, etc.) and helping them as much as needed with their writing. Your child will have two activities throughout the week. The poster template and journal book will be provided when your child is student of the week. Please bring them back to school, the following Monday.
- Poster: Please help your child fill out their “All About Me” poster. This includes answering some questions and printing out some pictures so that the class can get to know your child (Miss Guevara’s, Miss Maye’s and Ms. Moorehead’s sample posters can be found on Class Dojo!).
- Journal: Each child has 1 week to show their classmate what a typical week looks like in their home by documenting their week with their Fin (sample will be sent home for reference).
- Show & Tell – If it’s your child’s day to Show & Tell, please help them pick an item from home that fits within our theme of the week. Please also ensure they are sending the item on their specified day and help them practice telling 3 clues about their Show & Tell (Ex. Basketball 1) orange 2) bounces 3) throw it into a hoop)
- Homework folders– These will continue to be sent home every day. Please check the folders daily and send them back to school every day as your child is expected to hand them in each morning.
- “My Reading” book (yellow duotang)– Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of daily reading (reading book, library books, home books, etc.) with your child and place this book inside your child’s homework folder everyday
- “My Read Well” book (red duotang)– Please continue to review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- Learning Conferences – Appointment bookings open on Saturday, October 15th. See information that was sent home this past week.
- Scholastic Reading Club– The October flyer has been placed in your child’s homework folder. If you would like to order from Scholastic (optional), please enter Kindergarten’s class code RC318627 at checkout so that we can receive rewards for our classroom! Thank you in advance for your support.
- Monday, October 17th– Yummy Pizza Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Tuesday, October 18th – Photo Retake Day
- Thursday, October 20th – Noon Dismissal/Afternoon Learning Conferences
- Friday, October 21st- No Classes/Morning Learning Conferences
- Tuesday, October 25th – Kindergarten Pumpkin Patch Field Trip
- Wednesday, October 26th – Walkathon Assembly
- Monday, October 31st – Halloween Dress Down Day & Kinder Halloween Party
- Monday, October 31st – Yummy Pizza Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!
Miss Guevara & Miss Maye