Hi Kindergarten families,
We spent this week learning about Remembrance Day; watching videos, listening to stories and creating art for the assembly we led with our Grade 7 Buddies. Next week, we look forward to learning about the feast of Christ the King and preparing to lead our first school Mass on the 24th! (Note the original date of Kinder Mass on the 17th has been moved).
Our image this week is from our special Show & Tell with Zachary’s dad, Will, who is in the Canadian Armed Forces. He shared with us the importance of Remembrance Day and a little about his job! Here we are with Will and the Grade 1 Class.
This week at a glance:
Letter of the Week: W
Student of the week: Mackenzie
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Book
- Professional Development Day – No School
Show & Tell: Michaela
- Hearing Screening With Vancouver Coastal Health
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Nature Walk with Miss Guevara & Miss Maye
Show & Tell: Rina
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Assembly led by Grades 5 & 1 @ 1:15 pm
- Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Elizabeth
- White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- reminder to please bring your own cutlery
- French with Madame Caprilli
Show & Tell: Aura
- Music with Mr. Kelly
- Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, and books from home)
- “My Read Well” book– Please continue to review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- “Our Father” prayer –Please continue to practice this prayer every night with your child as we have incorporated it into our Morning Prayer routine.
- Open Parachute– Please continue to access the resources from our Mental Health and Well-being program. The strategies learned in class can be found in your child’s SEL Book (puple duotang).
- Socks- With the Autumn season in full swing and the expected rain, we suggest packing an extra pair of socks in your child’s backpack, just in case.
- Scholastic Reading Club– The November Catalogue has been send home. Reminder it is optional to order, but if you do please enter Kindergarten’s class code RC318627 at checkout so that we can receive rewards for our classroom! Thank you in advance for your support.
- Thursday, November 24th – Kindergarten leading school Mass (moved from the 17th, join us if you are able!)
- Monday, November 21st – Yummy Foods Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Friday, November 25th – Professional Development Day – No School
- Monday, November 28th – Yummy Foods Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!
Miss Guevara & Miss Maye