Hello parents of Grade 7!
For those of you whom I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting, my name is Robert Kirkham, and I am your child’s Grade Seven teacher. To those whom I have already had the pleasure of meeting, or perhaps you have another child/children that I have taught before, welcome back and it will be great to see you again. I am looking forward to to a wonderful year of learning with your children!
We will meet one another formally at Meet the Teacher night at 6:30pm on September 19th.
In the meantime, though, next week is quickly approaching in which the students will have their much-looked-forward-to Outdoor Education trip to Camp Elphinstone in beautiful Gibsons, BC!
With regards to what the students need to bring, please refer to the packing list in the forms sent home.
It is very important that students bring in the following forms along with payment for camp by Friday. The payment is to offset the overall cost of camp, the remainder of which is covered by the school.
Items to be returned by Friday September 8th:
1. Letter to your child, sealed in an envelope with your child’s name on it, given to the office.
2. Permission/Consent form (to be signed)
3. Camp Rules/Expectations (to be signed)
4. Cheque for $200 made out to St. Paul Elementary School.
4. Medical forms (if any prescription medication needs/non-prescription medication forms) – please note that all medications must be identified on these forms, labeled, and placed in a ziplock bag to be given the morning we leave for camp to Mr. Kirkham.
Should you have any further questions about camp or anything, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
PE & MUSIC SCHEDULES:
- Students have PE on Monday, Tuesday and Fridays. However, please note that TOMORROW, Thursday September 7th, there will be PE rather than music.
- Please send gym shoes in a gym bag to keep in the locker for the school year. Students are expected to wear their gym strip under their uniform on PE days.
Students have French on Mondays and Wednesdays with Madame Caprilli.
Students have Music on Thursdays with Mr. Kelly.
LEADERSHIP CEREMONY + WALKATHON ASSEMBLY:
- Friday September 8th at 9am we will have our Leadership Ceremony + Walkathon assembly!
- It will take place in the school gym and everyone is welcome to attend.
- As part of the Leadership Ceremony, the Grade 7’s will also receive their Grad Hoodies – yay!
Every Thursday at 9:15am will be a school Mass, with the first being tomorrow September 7th. The first Gr 7 led Mass will be Thursday September 21st.
Assemblies are every other Friday at 9am in the gym. Please refer to the school calendar for precise times and dates. The first Gr. 7/Kindergarten assembly will be October 13th.
I know that was a lot of info, so I appreciate your time in carefully reading this over.
Have a wonderful week and enjoy the sunshine!