Dear Grade Six Families,
The children have been learning long division in math class and in order to get quicker with their multiplication numbers, we encourage them to practice their multiplication tables for 5 minutes everyday.
We have been learning about Alexander Calder in art class and I was very pleased with the incredible detail exhibited on their fishbone chart. The students also practiced Contour Line drawing of their classmates and had a lot of fun creating their ‘ish’ drawings.
Homework for this weekend includes:
- Read daily for thirty minutes both quietly and aloud (fiction and non-fiction books)
- Practice your multiplication tables – 5 minutes everyday
- Les Talents – Je suis doué(e) en…. think about your special talent for Monday’s class
- Government in Canada – use your Nelson Literacy book pgs. 44-51 to write about the three levels of Government: Federal, Provincial and Municipal. The main or important idea will be the first sentence in your book, the supporting detail can be found in your textbook and researched online. Use your own words. Identify who is in charge in each form of government and identify their role. Keep track of websites used. Use the weekend to work on Federal and Provincial governments. Monday will be used to work on Municipal governments. This assignment is due on Tuesday.
- Bring in a pair of needle nose pliers for Thursday’s art class
- Monday, January 25 – St. Paul Feast Day!
- Dress Down Day – wear your St. Paul Spirit Wear and/or anything yellow or blue
- No donation is required
- Livestream Mass at 9:15am to celebrate our Feast Day
2. Friday, February 5th – CSL Reports sent home
3. Friday, February 5th – Fukuroku Hot Lunch (bring your own cutlery)
4. January/February Scholastic Book Orders
- Click here to view E-flyer:
- Please enter Teacher Code: RC227863 to place an order online
- Books will be delivered directly to your home
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org