Hello Grade Three Families!
Welcome back to school! I’m so excited to begin the new school year and to start to get to know your children! This year will be an amazing school year where the students will be transitioning and getting ready to “move upstairs” into intermediate. We will be working together to make this a successful and enjoyable year for all of us!
This first week of school will be extra special: the students will be spending time reuniting with their classmates, meeting their Grade 6 Buddies, and learning the routines and expectations of Grade 3^^*!
We will be using Class Dojo again this year. The login codes will be sent home before the end of the week.
This year we will have the pleasure of having Mrs. Jasmine Jagpal as our Educator Assistant.
I would also like to thank Mrs. Marivic Mesa & Mr. Mike Mesa for accepting to fulfill the role of the Grade 3 homeroom parents this year.
Here are the reminders for this week:
Monday ~ September 5th
- Labor Day (no school)
Tuesday ~ September 6th
- First Day of Grade 3!
- Morning drop off between 8:30 am and 8:45 am
- The Grade 3 students will be lining up in the back by the front entrance
- Bring their PE sneakers
- Bring a recess snack and water bottle (please remember that we are a nut-free school)
- Dismissal is at noon
Wednesday ~ September 7th
- School assembly at 1 pm ~ you are welcome to join us
- Dismissal is at 2 pm
Thursday ~ September 8th
- School Mass at 9:15 am (students wear full uniform including sweater)~ you are welcome to join us
- PE instead of music today ~ students wear PE strip under their clothes
Friday ~ September 9th
Please have your child bring in the following items by Monday, Sept. 12th
- a picture for the birthday board
- headphones/earphones in a Ziploc bag (please label them, along with the bag)
- a large t-shirt (it can be Mom’s or Dad’s) to use as an art shirt (please label the t-shirt with your child’s name)
- 2 boxes of facial tissue
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please make an appointment to see me or email me at email@example.com
I am looking forward to working with you and your child this year!