Hello Grade 3 Families!
We had a wonderful Remembrance Day Ceremony done by the Grade 6 students ❤️. In the classroom the Grade 3s also learned about the animals that played an important role in assisting the soldiers who defended our country.
Last week we started our science unit on landforms and bodies of water. The Grade 3 students will be using this acquired knowledge in the following science unit on ecosystems and biodiversity, in which they will be making a diorama on an animal of their choice, with a partner.
This week we will be starting a cross-curricular novel study on The Courage of Sarah Noble.
On Monday the students will be bringing home the Scholastic flyer for the month of December with the class code attached to it. It might be a good time to go over it with them and see any books that they would love to read. If you would like to purchase any for your child as a Christmas gift, let me know and I will put them aside for you when they arrive, and then email you so that you can come and pick them up. Your child will not know about it; it will be our secret!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Monday ~ November 13th
- Remembrance Day holiday: no school
Tuesday ~ November 14th
- 3 Stars, 1 Wish Interim forms due if they have not already been handed in
- Angry Kit ClassDojo assignment posting due
- Walkathon pizza lunch
Wednesday ~ November 15th
- Dismissal is at 2 pm
Thursday ~ November 16th
- There will be no school mass: Fr. Smith & Fr. Saji are away
- Library ~Library books should be brought back to school
Friday ~ November 17th
- Canella hot lunch
Here is the link for the parents who would like to place Scholastic Book orders in the month of November.
- Please enter Teacher Code: RC143526 to place an order online. This allows Grade 3 to receive points to order new books and various items for the classroom.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please make an appointment to see me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a wonderful week!