Hello Grade Two Families,
This week, we did some experiments to explore how things move and why. The students discovered what happens when you pull a rubber band back to hit a ball. They did a great job at taking turns and recording what they noticed when they stretched the rubber band back even further. To help us answer another one of our inquiry questions on moving objects, we will be needing some empty toilet paper, paper towel, or wrapping paper rolls. Please start collecting them at home and bring them to school by November 27th.
As we inch closer to the end of November, we will be wrapping up our Letter Writing unit by writing letters to Santa! On Friday, December 1st, the class will walk to a nearby post office to deliver their special notes. Please be on the lookout for a permission form going home on Monday.
Speaking of Santa, Scholastic Book Club flyers went home last week and if you would like to purchase books for your child as a Christmas gift, kindly let me know so I can keep them aside for you to pick up directly. Please use our class code RC498336 and get your orders in by Thursday.
Here are the reminders for the week:
Star of the Week: Adriel
Phonics Skill: u_e /ū/
Open Parachute: Speaking Up
- Yummy Pizza Hot Lunch
- PE today
- Home Reading folder sent home with phonics skill activities and previous word study assessment
- Music and French today
- PE today
- Dismissal @ 2 pm today
- Scholastic Book Club Orders due
- Post Office permission form due
- School Mass @ 9:15 am ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- Word Study Assessment: u_e /ū/
- Please return Home Reading folders to school
- French today
- No School- Professional Development
- Weekly RAZ-Kids recording due by today (only one please!)
- Monday, November 27- Triple O’s Hot Lunch
- Friday, December 1- School Assembly (Grade 5 and 1 to lead)
- Friday, December 1- Fukuroku Hot Lunch
- Friday, December 1- Class walk to Post Office
Please email me at email@example.com or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.